Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel, Great Langdale, Ambleside
The Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel was originally a farm and an inn. In the rate book of 1885, it was named as Middlefell Inn and run by John Bennett, who was a well-known guide for tourists. It has been extended a number of times, the original piece being the middle portion; another piece was added later and the stables at the north east end were made into a dining room. The shippon, on the other end, was made into a bar and the cow stalls are still there, intact.