Britannia Inn, Elterwater, Ambleside
The Britannia Inn was built approximately 500 years ago as a gentleman’s farm house and was converted to an inn sometime during the 19th Century. The inn has always served the local community and was used extensively by local quarrymen and workers from the nearby gun powder factory, which closed in 1929. The current owners took over the inn in 1978 as a family business and have been involved with the running of the business ever since. Andrew and Anna Parker are now live-in managers and always on-hand to offer a traditional, warm Lakeland welcome.